Members of Faithful Circle Quilters are sensitive and responsive to the needs of people both in ourcommunity and throughout our country. We are very pleased to be an active participant with various organizations.
- Love Quilts. As an organization, we set aside the first meeting of every month to create colorful quilts for children and adults. We donate them to The Domestic Violence Center, Howard County Hospital Foundation, Grassroots Crisis Intervention, and many others. Contact Marianne Hendrickse
- Caring Hands. This group associated with FCQ meets on the Fourth Wednesday of each month at the First Presbyterian Church of HC to make anxiety quilts for psychiatric patients, tote bags and mastectomy pillows for breast cancer patients, IV dolls, walker bags and other items. Contact Peg McClelland
- Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. To serve the broader community, individual members create and donate beautiful quilts to be raffle (click here for information) in both the spring and fall races. In 2012, FCQ donated 16 quilts which raised $5800 for the Komen Foundation. For more information, click here.
- Project Linus. Members regularly make and donate children’s quilts to brighten the day for childrenwho are critically ill. Contact Stephanie Sanidas
- Patuxent Institution. A few FCQ members have formed a quilt guild, Circle of Friends Quilters, at the Patuxent Institution for Women, Jessup, MD which meets weekly under their direction. The program began in September 1999. A group of about 12 residents are taught quilting skills and they work on them during the week. All quilts are given to local charities.
Contact Sandy McDonald
- First Presbyterian Church of Howard County. Each holiday season, FCQ members make colorful Christmas stockings which are donated to the church. Church members fill the stockings and donate them to families in the Howard County community. Contact Peg McClelland
- Other Projects. Individual FCQ members also have created quilts for the Wounded Warrior Project, hurricane and disaster victims, and other specialized needs such as the Advocacy Project associated with George Washington University bringing attention to the human rights needs of women globally.